Help a student with disability by making a tax-deductible gift

Everyone has a right to meaningful employment, but people with disability are twice as likely to be unemployed than people without. We think this is unacceptable.

By making a donation to EPIC Assist, you can help a student with disability reach their potential, whilst also reducing your taxable income.

Why should I use my taxable income to make a difference in the lives of students with disability?

To close the disability employment gap, we must start at the beginning.

Research shows that children with disability face larger barriers to participating in education and are less likely to transition to higher levels of education or employment. Children with disability learn in a vast variety of unique ways and at different rates, but currently over 31% are not receiving enough support in their education.

This cycle of exclusion at school continues for the rest of their lives. Graduates with disability take 61.5% longer to gain full-time employment than other graduates. They are twice as likely to be unemployed compared to people without a disability, and 35% more likely to be underemployed.

By providing flexible and adaptive learning support to young people with disability when they are in school, we give them the tools they need to break out of this cycle of exclusion. Our inclusive education program is designed to ensure no one is left behind in the classroom. We support students to gain the skills, work experience, and independence they need to transition to meaningful employment.

When you decide to reduce your taxable income through the gift of learning, you are enabling a young person with disability to grow, discover their passions, and reach their full potential.

A young man cleans a table
EPIC Assist helped Connor become job-ready and find his dream job at a cafe.

Support a student today

Are you ready to make a difference in the life of a student with disability? Make a tax-deductible donation today.

ATO endorsed charity

We are a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) approved charity.

Donation goes to the cause

98% supports students. The other 2% runs our payment portal.

How do I make the most of my tax-deductible gift?

You can use tax deductibles to reduce the amount of tax you pay. Most deductions that you claim are expenses relating to your work and income, however, you can also claim donations and gifts as tax deductions.

By donating to EPIC Assist, you can help make a difference in the lives of students with disability, while also reducing your taxable income.

Choose a cause that is important to you

By choosing a charity that aligns with your values and ethics, you make the most of your donation.

If you believe that everyone has a right to education and meaningful employment, consider supporting a young person with disability to access the tools they need to succeed. Your donation will enable a student to break out of the cycle of exclusion and take control of their own future and identity.

As the experts in disability employment and training, we have over 30 years of experience helping people with disability reach their potential. Our experienced trainers and support workers know how to make the most of your donation to help each individual student succeed.

Take note of how much of your donation goes to the cause

If you want to help students with disability, how can you make sure that your donation will actually be used to support their education and employment?

When choosing a charity, take note of what percentage of your donation goes directly to the cause. Some charities deduct hefty amounts from your donation to cover administration costs or send you flyers and merchandise.

We believe that your donation should have the biggest possible impact, and that’s why when you donate to the EPIC Discover program 98% of your donation goes directly to assisting students with disability. The other 2% goes towards our payment portal so that we can securely take your valuable donations.

We break that 98% down into four components:

  • Helping students access learning essentials, such as books stationery, and access to technology, so no one is left behind in the classroom.
  • Providing access to the highest quality training modules that prepare students for their transition to work.
  • Making learning and employment accessible to all with reasonable adjustments and modifications.

Young mechanic works under car
Young people with disability are unfairly disadvantaged in their education and employment. You can help them reach their potential by reducing your taxable income. Are you ready to help a young person with disability achieve their dreams?

What you need to know before making a tax-deductible gift

Not all charities and donations are eligible for claiming tax-deductible gifts. You can ensure when you make your donation to EPIC Assist that we’ve taken all the steps necessary so you can make the most out of your tax-deductible gift.

Is my charity endorsed by the ATO?

Before you donate, make sure your charity is registered for tax-deductible gifts.

Gifts can only be claimed on your tax return if your charity is endorsed by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) as a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR).

EPIC Assist is endorsed by the ATO and registered as a DGR. By donating to EPIC Assist, you can ensure that your donation is eligible for tax deductions and can be claimed on your tax return.

You can check whether your charity is registered as DGR, by looking their details up on the ATO website.

How much can I claim?

Donations of $2 or more are eligible to be claimed as a tax-deductible gift.

You can find more information on how to claim the full amount of your donation by visiting the ATO website by contacting your financial advisor.

How do I claim my tax-deductible gift?

As a donor, you can claim your tax-deductible gift by making a donation worth $2 or more to EPIC Assist. We will email you a copy of your tax receipt. Flag this receipt or keep it somewhere safe.

At the end of the financial year, gather all the documentation you need to lodge your tax return. Pay close attention to the gifts or donations section of your tax return – this is where you might record your donations. Visit the ATO website for more detailed instructions, or contact a trusted financial advisor.

Alternatively, if you plan to make multiple donations throughout the year, you can download the ATO app and use the myDeductions feature to prefill your donations and receipts so it’s ready to go at the end of the financial year.

If I claim a tax deduction on my donation, does it affect the amount of money EPIC Assist receives?

Claiming your donation as a tax-deductible gift does not affect the amount of money EPIC Assist receives.

Your tax deduction will vary depending on your income, the amount donated, and the tax year it was claimed in. No matter how much of your donation is reimbursed during your tax return, EPIC Assist will still receive the full amount, which we will put towards helping a student with disability reach their full potential and gain meaningful employment.